We're excited for another year at InfoSec in London; we hope you are too!
Everything, good and bad, uses DNS. Historical and real-time analysis of DNS data is crucial to your security operations.
LEARN: About the world's largest real-time and historical DNS Database: DNSDB.
HANDS-ON: Investigate domains and IPs of your choice with DNSDB Scout
EXPLORE: How our DNS solutions help you TIP, SIEM, and SOAR deployments
It's a busy conference and we'd really like to set aside the time to meet with you. Please sure this form to schedule a meeting or to contact us with any other questions or comments.
Short, Brutal & Nasty: New Domains & Their Life & Times
June 5, 2019, 10:40 - 11:05 Tech Talks
Domain names are cheap, easy-to-get assets – the perfect tool for the perfect crime. In this presentation, internet pioneer and Farsight Security CEO Dr. Paul Vixie reveals the industry conditions that have sparked the explosion of domain names (according to Verisign, domain name registrations have grown by approximately 11.7 million, or 3.5 percent, year over year); explains how new domains are being abused for cybercrime; and finally, outlines tools, techniques and procedures security professionals can put in place to reduce the risk posed by new domains.
- Domain names are critical to an organisation’s branding and operations
- Bad actors have learned to exploit new domains to commit crime
- New domains can be exploited to for zero-day attacks, counterfeit websites, phishing and other malicious activity
- Reputation services, blacklists do not provide immediate protection against new domains
- Organisations can implement necessary techniques, procedures and policies to mitigate risks posed by new domains