Phishing remains the number one cause of data breaches. Cybercriminals create domain names targeted for spam or phishing campaigns, use them for an attack, and then discard them within a period of a few minutes. In this eBook, explore how Farsight Security's real-time and historical passive DNS solutions effectively can be used throughout the four phases of the NIST incident response lifecycle.
Highlights of the eBook include:
- According to the 2019 Verizon Data Breach Investigations Report (DBIR), phishing is the number one cause of data breaches. With a single click on a spoofed domain name, an unsuspecting user can provide attackers entry into a commercial or government network.
- Examples of how passive DNS can be used in incident response lifecycle.
- Conducting risk assessments.
- Detecting and analyzing phishing and other cyberattacks.
- Containment, eradication and recovery.
- Post-incident activities like ongoing risk assessment.